Thursday, November 18, 2010

Would you see a movie with scenes of awesome stupidity?

Yes I would see a movie with scenes of awesome stupidity. Like the intentional stupidity of Harold and Kumar or the unintentional stupidity of Plan 9 from outerspace.

So if Roger Ebert said about the movie The Perfect Man "[It] takes its idiotic plot and uses it as the excuse for scenes of awesome stupidity" do you think the makers of the movie would want to advertise this fact.

Well as my reader Brett pointed out the movie's Asian distributor put the quip on the cover of the DVD (link).

So what can we conclude. Either the distributor doesn't know what the quote means, the public doesn't know what the quote means, the customer will likely disagree with Roger Ebert, or the public wants to see bad movies.

I'm going to go with a combination of #1 and #2. I think too often economists ignore the fact that people sometimes show signs of awesome stupidity, including me.

Bookmark and Share

No comments: