Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Say Cheese! US Government Wants 6 kinds of Cheese

Domino's American Legends® - Wisconsin 6 Cheese Pizza Domino`s presents its new Pizza called Wisconsin 6 Cheese New Wisconsin 6 Cheese Pizza $12.99 Ingredients Robust tomato sauce, cheeses made with 100% real Mozzarella, Feta, Provolone, Cheddar, Parmesan, Asiago and sprinkled with oregano on a Parmesan and Asiago crust. The Wisconsin 6 pizza was designed for cheese lovers.



Now some of my favorite things to eat in Wisconsin include fresh cheese curds, fried cheese curds, and macaroni and cheese pizza (try it at Ian's).

This story has now been on NPR and was in the New York Times. But it is worth repeating. The US department of agriculture in part funded the creation and marketing of this 6 cheese pizza.

Of course dairy funds also in part funded my graduate research, so I shouldn't complain too loud.

Now pass me a slice of pizza.


Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

James said...

USDA funded it, but I think the money is all from the dairy checkoff, i.e. paid for by dairy farmers.... See my excellent post at http://resecontowson.blogspot.com/ for details! :)