Wednesday, December 12, 2007

To Those Applying for a Job at Towson

First, let me say I have only been at Towson for 3 months. So far I have found the department to be extremely collegial, there is a good mix of pre-tenure and older faculty. People seem really willing to help me. I also already have begun collaborating on a research project with one other faculty member.

In terms of the college. There is a 3/3 teaching load, but classes are generally 30-35 for intro (you will have two sections) and 25 for upper level classes. Teaching schedule is flexible you can even teaching an evening or two. With the smaller class sizes and one night class I have had reasonable amount of time for research. Also given our proximity to DC, I have also been able to continue some work at the World Bank.

I’m really happy here so far and would highly recommend Towson to any job candidate. As the process goes on if you are a candidate feel free to e-mail me with your questions.

No comments: